Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Peggy Possum

We know the possums are around - we find "possum poo" on the driveway all the time - but we haven't actually seen one close to the house for almost four years. Something has been pulling the fruit off of my potted Tahitian Lime, and I was suspicious it was a possum, but didn't find any scat in that area, so there's no proof. That all changed recently when "Peggy" showed up one night on the deck rail. Here she is!:


Isn't she sweet? We were having a candlelight dinner at home, so it was dark inside - and here she came, padding silently across the rail, looking for a handout. We were delighted to see her, and although Stephen ran quickly for his camera, she was gone before he could get it. So we put a little pile of rice out for her, and she came right back (hadn't gone far, obviously).

And... hm.... I'm wondering now if the mystery about what upset Laka so much recently is now solved. Yes... I think it's entirely likely that Miss Peggy was galloping across the roof and THAT is what had Laka coming unglued.

I adore seeing Peggy - and hope to see more of her. She may be wreaking havoc with my lime tree, but I can buy limes at Safeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment