Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Boxing Day

Well - we all woke up on December 22nd and knew the Mayans were wrong, eh?

Today is "Boxing Day" - on which (traditionally) servants and tradespeople are given gifts of appreciation by their employers. I'm wondering if I should explain this tradition to Laka and George - as I often joke that I'm a "bird slave" perhaps they'd be kind and give me something really nice - like, maybe, a day without screeching. (Yeah. I know. I'm dreaming.)

And. of course, here in Australia, just as in the US, the stores have fabulous sales on. I went to the mall about 10 days ago and ohhh... what a crowd! Finding a parking space was more than slightly difficult and boy, inside the mall it was elbow to elbow, especially near the exits. I'm sure there'll be loads of things on sale and the prices will be fabulous, but I think I'll give it a miss.

Happy Boxing Day to you, however - and if you check out the sales, hope you find something divine!


No comments:

Post a Comment