Wednesday, December 19, 2012

All the Delights of December

We're only a couple of days from the much-discussed "end of the world, according to the Mayans." I can't say it worries me much, but I have been thinking that I should celebrate the day in some way. Maybe I'll make something special for dinner, kind of a "what would you want for your last meal" thing. Maybe a bottle of something sparkling to wash it down.

And Christmas is almost here - of course!  We're all set. The tree is up, the cookies baked and prezzies bought and wrapped. I've got a special Christmas project underway; I'm making a queen-size quilt with Christmas fabrics - quite the project, that! I've been writing about the project on my quilting blog.

For several years now, Stephen and I have made our own Christmas cards. They always have a bird theme. The picture below is from our 2008 card - "Three Wise Birds", created with one of Stephen's photos and a little Photoshop Elements magic.

 
"...and then there came three wise birds from the Land Down Under..."

From our perch to yours:
Best Wishes for a Very Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment