Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Oh... no.....

I was just shifting a few things around in my office (which is horribly cluttered at the moment) and came across one of my least-favorite Australian critters: A Whitetail spider.



It was sitting on the floor, just behind a painting I had leaning against the wall.

Yuck.

I have been wondering for some time why I hadn't seen any huntsmen in the house. Now into the latter part of November, I expect to see one or two, especially on rainy days. But "Wolfgang" has been missing in action. Now I think I know why. Whitetails, you see, eat other spiders.

They also have a reputation for giving a bad bite - so I don't tolerate them in the house.

I find them every so often - not terribly frequently, thank heavens. But when I do find them... hmmm... it tends to be in one of 3 places:
  1. on the first floor at the foot of the stairs
  2. in our bedroom (generally near the bathroom door)
  3. here in my office - and in the same spot where I found this one
What's up with THAT?!?!?!

I was on the phone with friend Dianne when I found this one. Her advice is to spray the room with insecticide. I'm not sure I want to do that - I don't like using chemicals like that. However... if I find any more, I may consider it.

Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment