Monday, November 12, 2012

A Special Day

In early November 2006, I rang my mother-in-law (who was here in Australia) from Ohio and said this:

"Stephen and I are going to get lunch at The Troy next Sunday. Would you like us to pick anything up for you?"

There was a pause on the phone and then Judith burst into delighted laughter. The Troy, you see, is a kebab shop just around the corner from her house. I was having a little fun with Judith - and, in my way, letting her know we'd be seeing her very soon. And we did.

On November 12, 2006, I stepped off the plane at Tullamarine International Airport as an immigrant. So today is a special day for me. One I happily remember and celebrate quietly with Stephen.

May you also have a few "special days" of your own. Celebrate them with joy and gratitude for the good things in life, happy rites of passage, and moments when you felt the universe was pouring itself out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment