Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pictures from the book: Page 16

It was the realtor's photos of the cockatoos and other wild parrots hanging around the house that first caught my attention when I was "house hunting" back in 2006. I was enchanted, not understanding how destructive these guys really are. Here's Buster and a few pals hanging around outside of my office window.
(Click the photo above for a larger image) 

They look placid, eh? Harmless enough, or so you'd think.Unfortunately, they have a real penchant for chewing wood - including the railing they are sitting on and the deck floor! Even the wood siding on the house shows evidence of their attention.

I just love them, however, even though we've learned to chase them off whenever they show up. They are so personable, cheeky, intelligent and full of personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment