Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Post-Christmas Mishaps

Every year Stephen and I enjoy designing and making our own Christmas cards.  We've been doing it for several years, and even have a web page on my website where we display the designs from previous years.  Some years it's easier to think up a new design than others.  This past year I really struggled, so decided to get a jump on it for 2013.

We haven't put away all the decorations yet, so I decided to get a few preliminary photos of Laka and George with various decorations and see if I might come up with something inspiring. For one pose, I decided to try getting Laka standing behind my nativity set. And here she is... moments before "the incident"...

 

CRASH, BANG! 
FLAPFLAPFLAP.... 

She ended up across the dining room, landing safely on back of one of the chairs. She was pretty pleased with herself, and did a couple of celebratory "wing flaps" from the back of the chair just to tell the world she'd actually made a safe landing (instead of crashing to the floor, which is what she normally does). 

Nobody was hurt, nothing was broken, although I did have a bit of a mess to clean up and....

drumroll please.... 

I GOT THE "CRITICAL MOMENT" ON FILM!

YES! 

For once my camera clicked at the perfect moment - a great photo for next year's card! I've got all year now, to think of how to caption that photo... I hope I can do it justice... ... as I did with the one below (from our 2009 card): 


No comments:

Post a Comment