Friday, May 4, 2012

A Special Anniversary

One year ago today, I became an Australian citizen (I now hold dual citizenship, US and Australia). It was a proud moment for me and one I will always remember and treasure. Stephen and I were leaving for a trip to the US the next day, so we weren't able to celebrate as we might otherwise - although we did ask our friends Norm and Jen to attend the ceremony with us (and they were very sweet to oblige us, esp. since the location of the ceremony meant a long drive for them).

I suppose I will always want to do something special on May 4th from here out - to remember the day. Today we went with something simple - first lunch at the "Earthly Pleasures" cafe in Belgrave, and then a little "wine hunting" in the Yarra Valley. It was a drizzly, chilly day, but even so the scenery was lovely. Below is a shot taken from the veranda outside the tasting room at Seville Estates winery:

(click the photo above for a larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment