Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Welcome Back, Wolfie-the-Spodder!

I have to admit that I was beginning to be a bit concerned. I've seen several huntsmen outside - even a really large one hanging on the outside of the front door. But we got all the way to the end of November, and Wolfgang hadn't shown up. I'd caught several White-Tails and was starting to wonder if they were killing the huntsmen (White-Tails hunt other spiders).

But just this past week, there he was! It was a very rainy day - with temps in the upper 50's (F). I'd been out shopping and started to put away the groceries. I turned and there he was - hanging on the wall next to the refrigerator.



Well, good. With warmer weather (summer has begun here), we'll need him to help clean up the bugs that invariably find a way into the house at night.

Here's a closeup - hairy legs and all:



He didn't much care for the flashing of the camera - and scrambled between the refrigerator and wall after the photo was taken:



Poor Wolfie... no privacy!


WASSUP?
  • What I’m listening to: "This is Australia" by GANGgajang
  • What’s for tea: Chicken Enchilada's, refried beans
  • What I’m reading: Justinian's Flea by William Rosen
  • Wine recommendation: Victoria Bitters (beer - really GOOD beer...)
  • What's the season?: summer in Oz, winter in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment